Saturday, January 30, 2010

A fluffy update and things to come

Hey, kids. So, I've got some cool news for us out here floating in cyberland. As of pretty soon in the coming future, the Rome paper will be hosting your very own Indiosyncracy blog on their "Last Call" page. This will, naturally, make us a household name since the lovely paper entertainment team needs people to talk about stuff going on in Rome and the surrounding areas (if this ever happens). And I like to talk about stuff. We are going to be a glorious match. I'm going to be keeping the same format, unless I'm told otherwise or get some rad new idea, and I'll be supplying your fashion and music fix as best I can.

Anyways, housekeeping aside, I saw a wicked reading of a play called "Copenhagen" last night. It was a three hour long, German, existential-intellectual play about the physics and ethics behind the creation of the atomic bomb. Now, before you start seizing with joy and happiness over the subject matter, it was actually a rather brilliant piece of work. My pretend brother Mark Bailey and two of our very dear friends, Matt Dixon and Jennifer Allman, put it on under the direction of our own John Countryman and it was absolutely beautiful. They were all so powerful and genuine and the talk back afterwards with some of the members of the physics department was really useful. I'll let you know before the next production so maybe you guys can come and check it out.

In other news, I'm hitting up the Leaving Araby show tonight so there will be a review and pictures in the very near future. Opening for them at 8pm in the Spruill Ballroom in the Krannert Center are the gloriously titled "Jon Gill and Friends" which will be including my roommate's wonderful boyfriend Jonah Williams, so that's something pretty awesome to look forward to. I might try to get some vague video, but I couldn't get a camera, other excuses, etc. Next time!

So that's it for the day, there'll be prettier things to look at next post and some music talk. Later this week I think I'll put up some of things we've been working on in the costume shop since we've got a big Restoration comedy coming up. Grinding down steel corset bones is a sight to behold, let me tell you. AND I have a super fun idea that kinda got kicked in the face for last night, but perhaps next weekend I'll have something wicked for us to laugh at. Stay tuned.
 
But that's it for now, team, thanks for coming out to play and maybe I'll see you at the show tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Props to you for making it through Copenhagen. I don't think I could have lasted that long, even with a good friend on stage! If you think about it, post some video of the grinding of the corset bones. Don't think I've ever seen that before! And congrats on the gig with the Rome paper. More people should see your blog!

    ReplyDelete